Free Tax Preparation Service
Saturdays February 5th through April 2nd
10 am – 1:30 pm
The Pinedale Library Lovatt Room
(See below for document
drop off service at Big Piney Library)
The Sublette County Library is pleased to once again offer free
federal and state tax preparation and filing to those who qualify*.
The IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program has trained
and certified local volunteers in the tax preparation processes
for the current tax season. Rural residents, seniors, and anyone
whose income is less than approximately $103,000 may qualify for
this free service.
Free federal and state tax return preparation and filing on a first-come,
first served basis will be available through the Pinedale Library
on Saturdays from February 5th through April 2nd from 10 am until
1:30 pm. Due to COVID-19 precautions, only document drop off and
pickup service is available; there will be no on-site tax preparation
service. Masks are required.
If you qualify for free tax preparation, you may drop off your
documents and gather them when you have been notified that your
completed tax return is ready for pick up. The final day to drop
off documents is Saturday, April 2nd. The final day to pick up completed
returns is Saturday, April 9th. Please note the
following qualifying income guidelines and additional information:
* Income limit guidelines:
Single: less than $72,000
2 persons: less than $82,300
3 persons: less than $92,600
4 persons: less than $103,000
Returns we prepare:
• Economic Stimulus Payments
• Tax credits
• Self-employed, without employees
• Itemized deductions
• Stocks and bonds
• Retirement income
• Uber, Lyft, etc.
Returns we don't prepare:
• Very complex returns
• Rentals, Airbnb, depreciation, Bitcoin, Schedule C with
• Foreign income
• CA & NY state returns
• 1040 Non-Residents (J-1, H2B, etc.)
How to Utilize Drop Off & Pick Up Tax Preparation Service:
Bring the documents listed below to the Pinedale Library's Lovatt
Room, complete a brief form to verify your tax filing category,
and meet briefly with an IRS certified Tax Preparer. Your documents
will be held confidentially to complete your return. You will be
notified when to come to review and sign your tax return for filing
with the IRS. Masks are required during drop off and pick up.
What documents you need to bring:
• Government issued photo ID for self and spouse (if applicable)
• Social security cards or ITIN letters for self, spouse and
dependents (if applicable)
• Previous year’s tax return if available
• Bank information from a check (not from a deposit slip)
• Dependents' birth dates, Social Security numbers, and child
care information such as Tax ID number, amount paid, etc.
• Income documents (W-2 form, any 1099 forms including from
banks and investment companies, SSA-1099 form, etc.)
• If you plan to itemize your deductions, proof of your expenses
• if you receive it, Form 1095 A, B, or C for healthcare coverage
• Education expenses such as 1098-T, receipts for tuition
and books, etc.
• Self-employment/work-related expenses including mileage
logs; utility, insurance, property tax expenses; etc.
• Economic Impact Payment 3 (probably issued in January -
If you have a specific tax preparation question prior to delivering
your documents, please contact one of our Sublette County VITA Site
• Mike Henderson: email firstname.lastname@example.org
| (714) 697-5918
• Lora Hittle: email email@example.com
Document Drop Off Service by appointment at Big Piney Library
Appointments available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
through April 1st
11 am until 4 pm
The Big Piney Library at Big Piney Rec Center
Save a trip to Pinedale by delivering your tax documents to Big
Piney Library. Library staff member Jen Brown is certified as a
VITA Intake Volunteer and is available by appointment to accept
and securely deliver your documents to VITA Tax Preparers in Pinedale.
Jen is available by appointment at the Big Piney Library's temporary
space at Big Piney Rec Center (630 Piney Dr.) from 11 am until 4
pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays through April 1st.
How to Utilize Big Piney Library’s Document Drop
1. Call (307) 276-3515 to schedule an appointment with IRS certified
VITA Intake Volunteer Jen Brown in the Big Piney Library’s
temporary space at the Big Piney Rec Center (630 Piney Dr.)
2. Bring your documents to Jen during your appointment time. She
will ensure you have the proper documents and will collect your
3. An IRS certified VITA Tax Preparer will complete your tax return.
You will receive a phone call when your tax return is complete or
if there are questions.
4. Pick up your documents and sign your completed tax return at
the Pinedale Library on a following Saturday until April 9th between
10 am - 1:30 pm. Masks are required for pickup.
Contact Jen Brown to make an appointment for document drop off
at Big Piney Library: (307) 276-3515.